What We Believe
Believing the Bible to be our final authority for faith and Christian living, we affirm the following-
- The universe is the purposeful creation of a personal, loving, almighty God.
- That all human beings are made in the image of the Creator and are of infinite worth.
- That our world is under the sway of sin as a result of a historical and a personal human rebellion against God, that suffering, death, and separation from God are the experience of humankind; and that without the intervention of God’s grace, this will be the eternal state of all persons.
- That Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God, through His virgin birth, sinless life, sacrificial death on the Cross, and glorious resurrection and ascension, graciously offers new life to all who receive Him by faith.
- That the Holy Spirit, indwelling believers, gives them a desire and an ability to follow biblical standards of conduct in their personal lives and in society.
- That the Christian faith is lived in the community of the church, where worship and witness are embodied through the spiritual gifts of its members.
- That Jesus Christ will return to this world, bring an end to history as we know it, inaugurate the final judgment, and welcome believers into His eternal kingdom.
- We believe the Bible is the only reliable source of truth because it is God’s truth. We also believe in preserving the function and integrity of Trinity Church as the local Body of Christ by being a biblical role model to others. Therefore, we will always look to the Bible as our authority for counsel, right beliefs, proper behavior, and truth.
- Our goal is to emphasize healthy relationships and, in order for that to happen, all people must be treated as Jesus would treat them. In addition, no congregation or denomination alone represents all there is to the Church. Therefore, we will make sure that every person is afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. We will also partner willingly with other community and regional fellowships that glorify Jesus and His Word.
- All things done for the Lord should be done to the best of our abilities. We believe that perfection is only found in God; however, we also believe that quality matters and commitment counts. Therefore, we will continuously work to develop strong leadership as well as a healthy network of servants which links individual spiritual gifts to real-time ministry needs.
- The church exists to be servants, not consumers. We believe that our facilities, money, and people are to be generously shared in ministry, not hoarded for our own sake. We also believe that every Christian is a “minister” called by Jesus to a life of service. Therefore, we will do our best to equip and empower our people to do God’s work, both in the church and throughout the community.
- The core of Christianity is not “religious, self-saving activity”. We do not earn God’s favor by following rules or being “good.” Instead, God’s favor is an unmerited and undeserved gift. Because of our sin, we are deserving of an eternal punishment. However, because of God’s grace, we are offered mercy, forgiveness, salvation, and an eternal reward. Therefore, we will continuously minister God’s grace to the world.